s notes: Way to win a man's heart

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Way to win a man's heart

It is often said the way to win a man’s heart is through his stomach. Mine is with new recipes. Srini (my hubby) loves it when I surprise him every time with a new dish at the dinner table. And who wouldn’t want to please her man !!!!

I have never been a great fan of Brinjal or the Eggplant until I started cooking. One I wasn’t aware at the number of recipes you could come up with it. Gosh ! It’s really awesome and I now know what I have missed all these years. I have always been so finicky with food and hardly ate veggies during my childhood years. Being a pampered spoilt brat my mom let me off and was too pleased if I did eat a meal, forget the veggies…

Today , Eggplant is now a must-buy in my shopping list. Srini loves all the variations that I prepare with them. The Methi Baingan that I prepared day before yesterday was a big hit at dinner and Srini loved it so much.. I am sure you will love it too..I served it along with Cabbage Parathas .You could with rice or chappatis…

Methi Baingan
Ingredients:
Brinjal – small 6 in no
Tomatoes – 2
Fenugreek leaves (Methi) – one bunch
Green Chilles – 3 (adjust according to your spice levels)
½ tsp Tumeric powder
mustard seeds and cumin seeds – 1 tsp for seasoning
salt to taste
oil to fry

Method

• Slit the brinjals lengthwise and finely chop the tomatoes and methi leaves and green chillies

• Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds

• When they begin to splutter, add tumeric powder

• Now add the finely chopped green chillies and tomatoes and saute for 2-3 mins

• When done add the fenugreek leaves and cook for a 3 minutes.

• To this add the cut brinjals and add salt to taste.

• Simmer and cook for 10- 15 minutes until the brinjals are cooked.

• Server hot with rice or chapattis

Let me know how it turns out in your kitchen

2 Comments:

Blogger Gopalan Ramasubbu said...

I'm gonna try your recipy tonite.will let u know about the outcome.:)

2:17 AM  
Blogger vasuja said...

Let me know how it turned out!!! Hope you enjoyed it :)-

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home